Thursday, January 19, 2012

Inspired Stamps Scripture and Nature Card

This week the Inspired Stamps Design Team, we are creating projects using Nature and Scripture Stamp.  This is what I came up with.  


I created a card using FlowersMark 10:27 and one other Nature Stamp.  Can you guess which one it was, look closely can you see the other Nature Stamp?


You still can't....Here is a clue...

Still can't place it, remember that you don't always have to use the whole stamp or even use it as the designer intended it to be used.  Often times, people get stuck into the same old rut using the same stamps over and over the same way.  As I was laying out my card I decided that the Colonial White needed something more to it to give it a little life.   Looking through my Inspired Stamps, I just couldn't find a stamp I thought would add that pop to the background.  That is when I decided to think outside the box, and slowly went through my stamps, not looking at the picture of the stamp but the texture of the stamp.  When I looked at this stamp I realized it could be stamped all around the page to create a "wooden" frame around the 3 squares.

Have you figured it out yet????   It is the Tree from the Ask, Seek, Knock stamp set, pictured below.  



Can you see it now?

Hope you all enjoyed my artwork.  Please make sure you visit the other Design Team Members blogs to see what creative projects they have come up with this week.


Until next week, Happy Scrapppin.


Materials used:  Inspired Stamps FlowersMark 10:27Ask, Seek, Knock
CTMH Materials: Key To My Heart B&T, Colonial White, Creme Brulee, and Tulip cardstock, Black & Juniper Ink, Edge Distresser,
Queen & Co: Black Pearls


4 comments:

  1. Very clever! Love it, it is always great to think outside the box or to have someone like you show us how.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen, love what you did with the woodgrain background. What a clever, creative idea!! Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that is a fantastic job re-purposing that stamp!

    ReplyDelete