Wednesday, June 20, 2012

2 Prom Layouts

As the Mom of four boys I don't often get to use glitter, flowers, bling  or pink in my scrapbooks.  Though all the boys have been informed that they will have at least 1 double page layout done in pink in their books. So when Jimmy decided he was going to go to Prom this year, I was in heaven. 

This year Jimmy kept telling us he wasn't going to go to Prom because it was a "waste of Money".  So imagine my surprise when he comes home and tells me a week before the Prom that he is going to the Career Center he attends Prom the next weekend, with his friend Kaleigh.  Of course as soon as I am told this I start picking out items to scrap the pictures with. 


When I saw Kaleigh's dress I, immediately knew I was using the Lucy paper pack for the pictures, along with the CTMH Sparkle Flourishes. (not to mention that this would be his one pink page in his scrapbook). I used (retired) Bubblegum cardstock and Ink instead of Cotton Candy because it was closer to the color of Kaleigh's dress. All Materials used where CTMH with the exception of the silver cardstock. The title was created using Jasmine Cricut Font Cartridge with CTMH Black Cardstock and Silver cardstock from Pizzaz.

The Left Side


The Right Side


Close up of the Flowers and Flourishes, I want to thank the CTMH consultant that demonstrated these flowers on the CTMH Bulletin Boards, but I forgot her name. The flowers were created using the Flower #8 from the Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge, I cut these at  1-1/2" and 1" and inked the edges and assembled.

Materials Used: All CTMH unless otherwise noted: Lucy Paperpack, Sparkle Flourishes, Bubblegum, White Daisy and Black Cardstock, Bubblegum ink, Silver Cardstock from Pizzaz

One Prom was good, but on the Saturday of the Career Center Prom Jimmy informs me that he is going to another Prom with another girl, Holly, the next weekend!!!  What we don't even have a Tux and I'm sure they won't appreciate us ordering a tux this late!  Luckily we were able to find him a tux on the next Tuesday, with a vest and tie that matched Holly's dress.  This page was a little more of a challenge as Holly's dress was very uniquely colored and beautiful.  The dress was a different color blue in just about every picture I took, so I had a real hard time trying to figure out what paper to use.

This is what I came up with:

 Once again I used the handmade flowers as embellishments, these are inked in Pacifica and Ocean (retired) to match the dress.  This time I had found the turquoise rhinestone flourishes at Jo-Ann's and they matched Holly's dress perfectly (they were actually the only item I didn't have a hard time picking out).  I gave up trying to find paper to match her dress, so instead I decided to find something with similar shades and go with it. The B&T paper is Magnifique, paired with the (retired) Ocean Cardstock.  You can't tell from the picture but the colors of the tickets matched my paper exactly and tied in great with her dress.  The right side has their Professional picture and one of my favorite pictures I took of them together.  This side is based on the Wings WOTG layout left side.
 I had a hard time deciding how to layout the right side and finally decided on this pinwheel design. 

Here is a close up of the letters, I cut them out using the Doodletype cricut cartridge using the silver cardstock from Pizzaz, and Ocean Cartsock. Once I had the letters put on their shadow, I ran them through my Xyron with the front side against the glue, and then sprinkled them with Prisma Glitter to give it that sparkle, and make the letters jump off the page.


Materials Used: all CTMH unless otherwise noted
Magnifique B&T, Ocean, White Daisy Cardstock, Ocean, & Pacifica Ink, Prisma Glitter, Silver Cardstock from Pizzaz, Turquoise Flourishes and rhinestones from K & Co at JoAnn's, Art Philosophy and Doodletype cricut cartridges.

Hope you enjoyed the two Prom layouts, come back tomorrow to see a card inspired by the Jimmy & Holly layout using Inspired Stamps.

Thanks

Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment