Monday, October 18, 2010

My favorite way to emboss....Embossing on Vellum

As I stated in my earlier post the gals over at Heart 2 Heart Challenges are having an embossing challenge.  Since Embossing is my all time favorite way to embellish items I am submitting several of my projects. 

My favorite way to emboss is to emboss an image on vellum and then cut out and use as an embellishment.  Once I have embossed the image I rub ink over the image so it resists the embossed area but gives the negative area a touch of color.  In today's example I stamped the butterfly from the Dreams Petite Perks Stamp set in Black and Versa Mark then sprinkled it with an Irredescent embossing powder ( I have also used CTMH Clear Detail EP and Prisma Glitter Combined to geet a similar effect) I then gently heated to melt the powder, holding the gun far enough away to heat the image but not burn the vellum.  Once it was melted I sponged Orange over the embossed images to get my emboss resist look.  Then I gently cut out the butterflies including the antennea, (I cut out 18 of these without losing a single antennea).  On my card for the first one I stamped the butterflies in chocolate on my background then applied liquid glass just to the body & antennea only.  I placed these over the stamped image and once it had dried I gently raised the butterfly wings up so it looks like the butterflies are flying off the page.  Of course once I got started I had to make several more butterfly cards.


Paper Used: Twitterpatted, Chcolate, and Colonial White Cardstock, Vellum

Stamp Sets: Treasure Life, & Dreams Petite Perks

Inks: Creme Brulee, Chcolate, Sorbet, Black, Versa Mark

Hallographic Embossing Prowder from Ranger


Close Up of Butterflies

Additional cards made using the embossed butterflies

5 comments:

  1. Another great use of embossing! I love your butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see you were wonderfully inspired by this challenge! Love those blinged out butterflies, so eye catching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I love how the butterflies have dimension.

    ReplyDelete