Monday, June 27, 2011

Sweetheart Mini Album

Awhile ago I was asked if I would do a girls birthday party.  I said yes and I started planning what to do.  My biggest problem is I have a hard time creating simple projects. It seems that no matter how hard I try I always end up with an item or two that has to be cut, or some other simple for me but complicated for others techniques.  So I had to try really hard to tone down my idea to make a simple but pretty mini album for the girls to make at the party.  Imagine six 10-12 year girls sitting around a table, when most have never created a scrapbook, or stamped.  It was a fun, chaotic afternoon, the girls had a blast, and I enjoyed working with them.  Some of the girls didn't do all the advanced stuff I did but they all ended up with some cute little 6x6 mini albums to show off pictures from the party. We had six girls there and they left with 6 very different albums even though we all used the same paper and stamps.  

This is what I came up with and they loved it a 6x6 mini album. I used the Sweetheart Level 2 Paper Pack from Close to My Heart, and the Sweetheart WOTG  stampset.  I had the birthday girl pick out her favorite paperpack before hand and I used it to create my album.

Front Cover

First set of inside pages with Pull Out

2nd set of inside pages with back of pull out

Back or Album

Front of Pull Out
Back side of Pull Out
Materials Used:  Sweetheart Level 2 Paper Pack, Sweetheart WOTG Stamp set, White Daisy, Cotton Candy, Black, Tulip Cardstock, Blush, Pear & Tulip Ink, Fiskars Heart Punch, Ribbon from JoAnn's and my stash. Gems from JoAnn's

The 6x6 album was really easy to make.  I used 1 sheet of cardstock to create it,  It has 6 6x6 pages with a 4.5 pull out, in the middle pocket page in the album.  I was trying to type out the instructions so you can recreate the album, but since I am more of a visual person, I will have to sit down and take step by step pictures for the tutorial.  Look for it soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment