Thursday, February 23, 2012

3 ways to use Inspired Stamps $3.99 Scripture stamps


This week at Inspired Stamps we are focusing on our favorite  $3.99 Scripture stamps, and showing yhou three ways they can be used.  For my projects I got one of my old favorites, Vellum!

It has been a long time since I had used it and I had forgotten how much fun it was to play with.  I had a blast playing with it and am very satisfied with what I have come up with.

I used the $3.99 Scripture stamp Mark 10:27 for all 3 projects. 

This is most definately my favorite card and it is way different than what I was imagining when I started and I love the feel it gives. It reminds me of my Dad's well worn Bible, with the gold edges. 


For this card I first stamped the Scripture in rows on my vellum in Cocoa ink to create my background.  Below is a close up of my background sheet.  I then cut it to 4x5-1/4 an slowly tore the edge of the vellumall around the edges.  I then inked the edges in Desert Sand ink making sure some ink got onto the page to give it a distressed look.  It is then mounted on a piece of Colonial White with the edges ink distressed.  This is then mounted on gold paper from Pizazz.



For my second card I once again stamped the Scripture onto my vellum, but this time I used Versa Mark ink and then heat embossed the scripture with clear detail embossing powder.


After I had embossed the page I sponged Desert Sand ink over the entire page, the embossed Scripture resisted the ink leaving a negative "white" image on my vellum.  Below I have an example of what my background looked like before I covered it up.


My last card is my least favorite of the 3, it was the first one I created and the more I played the better the cards got that night.
:-)  For this card I Stamped the Scripture in Cocoa ink on the vellum then heat embossed it.  The nice thing about Vellum is your ink don't dry that fast so you can emboss your image using just your inks, and don't have to use Versa Mark or embossing inks.


This time I also tore around the edges and inked them to give the vellum a distressed look.  Sorry the Scripture looks blurred, I couldn't get a good picture without the embossing reflecting and making it look blurred.  Below is a close up of the Scripture showing that it really isn't blurred.



Thanks for looking at my artwork, Please feel free to leave some love.  Don't forget to check out what the other members of the Design Team have created,  You can find their blogs by following the links in my side bar.

Thanks

Jenn









Materials Used: Inspired Stamps $3.99 Scripture Mark 10:27
CTMH Materials Used:  Cocoa, Sunset & Desert Sand Ink, Colonial White & Sunny Yellow Cardstock, CTMH Exclusive Srt Philosophy Cricut Cartridge.
Gold Paper Pizazz, Ribbon Ofray. Vellum The paper Company




 Materials Used: Inspired Stamps $3.99 Scripture Mark 10:27
CTMH Materials: Desert Sand and Sunset Ink, Chocolate, Sunny Yellow, Colonial White, Garden Green cardstock,  Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge, Clear Detail Embossing Powder
Versa Mark Ink, Ribbon Ofray, Button from stash Vellum the Paper Company

Materials Used: Inspired Stamps $3.99 Scripture Mark 10:27

CTMH Materials: Desert Sand and Sunset Ink, Sunny Yellow, Colonial White, Garden Green cardstock, Typeset B&T, Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge, Clear Detail Embossing Powder
Kraft Cardstock & Vellum The Paper Company, ribbon Ofray









4 comments:

  1. I love all your projects and your right your first card does remind me of those gold edged bibles. Great job! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Jenn, these projects are beautiful!! I love the stamping on vellum and you have showcased them so well. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fabulous cards. Love the top one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing cards! I love the colors and texture.

    ReplyDelete