Monday, March 5, 2012

My First Art Journal

For the month of March I will be posting pictures of my Christian Art Journal, instead of my regular Inspired Stamps Design Team artwork.  So here is my first attempt at an Art Journal.







 I must say it is quite fun.  For more information on Art Journaling please check out Antoinette's blog.

To create my Art Journal I cut out several Butterflies in various sizes using the Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge.  I then arranged them randomly on my page and sprayed over them with a mixture of Water, CTMH Pacifica reinker, and Alcohol (this makes it dry faster).  Then once the paper was dry (with a little help from my heat gun), I placed the butterflies randomly again on my paper and sprayed it this time with CTMH Holiday Red reinker in the Pacifica mix  (I was hoping for purple but instead got this pinkish color).  Once that layer was dry I stamped Inspired Stamps Romans 2:28 in three place on my background with Staz-On Black Ink.  I wasn't satisfied with how well you could read the middle verse, so I stamped it again on vellum, and tore around the edges, and inked the edges, then used my waterbrush to soften the ink on the edges and placed this on top of the original stamped image.  I then wrote my feelings down in black fine tip marker by Zig.  Finally I took my Versa Mark ink pad and using the whole pad I stamped it all over the page, and them sprinkled the page with Halographic Embossing powder by Ranger, and heat embossed it.

Close up of the Halographic embossing.

4 comments:

  1. SO pretty Jenn! So happy to have you on this journey with me!1 Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing! I love how did the butterflies and sparkle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never done Art Journaling before, and I think you did a lovely page. Love the butterflies and all that shimmer.

    ReplyDelete