Thursday, March 1, 2012

Getting into shapes

This week over at Inspired Stamps we are getting into shape for March.  So I pulled out my Journal Shapes and Scenic View stamp sets and looked at their shapes instead of their design and worked on coming up with something out-of-the-box.  This is what I came up with.  I created this Easter card using the Shapes from the two stamp sets listed above can you tell where they were used?


Can you see where I used my shapes?  Remember I think outside of the box.  Okay here is a clue.


Yeap I stamped various shapes on the eggs with Versa Mark ink and then clear embossed them.  I then used the Emboss Resist technique and "colored" my eggs.  I used the Scenic View Stamp Set for the Purple, Light Pink, Green, and Yellow eggs, and Journal Shapes for the Dark Pink and Orange eggs.

I also used the grass stamp from Scenic View set to add texture to my grass, and for the sentiment.  I was going to redo a couple of the eggs, because of the stray pieces of embossing powder that speckled them, but my youngest so said they reminded him of the eggs they do when they use the "clear wax crayon" to decorate their eggs before they color them, so I had to leave them as is.

Material Used:  Inspired Stamps Journal Shapes and Scenic View
CTMH Materials used: Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge, Clover Meadow, Hollyhock and White Daisy Cardstock, Clear Detail embossing Powder, Sky, Lagoon, Pear, Blush, Cotton Candy, Black, Orange, Sunflower and Gypsy Inks
Background paper is from a DCWV paper stack.

4 comments:

  1. Nice idea stamping the all the shape stamps onto another shape (in this case the oval/egg).
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE how you think out of the box...What a GREAT way to make Easter Eggs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wowza, Jenn!! The eggs turned out soooo gorgeous!! What a need idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun card! Great way to decorate the eggs.

    ReplyDelete