Thursday, July 1, 2010

Thumbs Up!

I am continuing to move right along on Robbie's album.  Having Arizona and Deanie around to motivate me helps alot.

Last night I finished the Layout of Robbie's Broken thumb.  I had a hard time with the title for this one, I was leaning towards "Pain heals, Glory lasts forever", but when I told Robbie & Ken they voted for "Thumbs Up" since Robbie had his left thumb in the thumbs up position for nearly 7 weeks.   I had fun with this layout, cause I took the pins that were in the Thumb and used them to create a "bug eyed alien" for the layout.  The entire time the pins were in Robbie's thumb I kept thinking it looked like his finger had eyes, and since Robbie wouldn't let me draw a face on his Thumb, I gave the eyes a face on the layout.

Here is the completed layout.  I used my Reflections Scrapbook program to help with the Layout ideas.  I used Title Topper-Basic for the Left side and Quartet-Condensed for the right side.


Here is a closer look at the left side, this has the x-rays of the thumb after they inserted the pins.  the Dr. Gave them to me after Robbies Surgery.  I scanned the original x-rays and printed them out on photo paper to put in his book.


This is a close up of the "Bug Eyed Alien"  I made it using the pins that were in his finger.  When the Dr. removed them Robbie insisted on keeping them and I decided that they would make a great scrapbook embellie. LOL


This is the Right side.  It has pictures of Robbie's thumb with the pins in and Robbie with his cast.  He wouldn't let me get a picture of his face, He said that since I wanted a picture of the cast not his face he could hold his arm in front of his face.  (Boys!!!!)  Robbie had to take his cast off every night and clean around the pins, so i got the Thumb Pictures one night after he had cleaned it.



Materials Used:  All are CLose To My Heart Products unless otherwise specified.

Game On - Star B&T
Serendipity - Bamboo B&T
Black, Cranberry, Colonial White Cardstock
Twill Ribbon
Cranberry Brads
Rustic Alpha
Grey Wool Ink
Black Marker
Tulip Chalk (for Alien Cheeks)
Liquid Glass
Foam Tape to pop up Alien

No comments:

Post a Comment