Tuesday, September 28, 2010

What Didn't sell at the Fair

In the rush to get lots of cards done to sell at the fair I didn't manage to get many pictures of my wonderful creations.  I had several that I had a hard time parting with.  Luckily I wasn't working the booth when they sold. LOL

In making these cards I had a hard time, keeping the embellishments and fine detail to a minimum, other wise I would have been selling cards that took me 3 hours to make for $1.50 (ouch).  In the end I decided to pick a couple of different designs and see how many different looks I could get using different stamps, and  papers.

This is the first 3 I did.  The paper used was Blue Ribbon, Outdoor Denim, Cranberry and White Daisy Cardstock, Stamp Sets: For Every Occassion, Playful Flourishes, A Love, Just Be You, Dainty thoughts, True Friends, Outdoor Denim & Cranberry Grosgrain Ribbon, foundry plate from Outdoor denim Mini Medley.  These are all based on the Upper Level Focus card from the Originals Book.






The next group was based on a card I made when I first started up, I think I cased it from the CTMH consultant BB's but it has been 2 years since so I can't credit the original inspiration. On this on I just kept recreating it with different paper packs to get the desired looks.


Paper Used Twitterpatted, Sorbet Chocolate, and Colonial White Cardstock
Say It In Style, and Treasure Life Stamp Sets
Chocolate, Desert Sand  and Sweet Leaf Inks

Paper Used: You Rock, Smokey Plum Card & White Daisy Stock
Danity Thoughts and Just Be You Stamp Sets
Outdoor Denim, Smokey Plum and Goldrush inks
Navy Ribbon from Pat Catans
Stickles

Topstitch paper, Heavenly Blue and Colonial White Cardstock
Danity thoughts and Simple Stitches Stamp Sets
White daisy Paper Flowers,
Colonial White Brads colored with Brown Staz On and sprinkled with Prisma Glitter
Colonial White Slide from Shades of Chocolate Collection
Chocolate Ink

The next design is based loosely on the Pretty Simple pattern from the Originals Book.  This was my favorite pattern to use as it was quick and easy to put together and still get great looking results.

Papers Used:  Bella, Sweet Home, Emporium
Carstock, Chocolate, Pansy Purple, Outdoor Denim, Buttercup
Inks: Chocolate, Pansy Purple, Outdoor Denim, Creme' Brulee, Sorbet, Crystal Blue
Clear Detail embossing Powder, Just Blooms Paper Flowers, Filigree Charms, Cordoroy Brad from Autumn Garden Collection
Stamps Sets: Joy Forever, Treasures, Say It In Style!

Paper: That's Amore
Blush, Chocolate, Colonial White Cardstock
Spring Blossom Just Blooms
Filigree Charms
Stamp Sets:  Treasures, Say It In Style


Papers Used: Grace  Carstock, Cocoa, Sunflower, Colonial White Inks: Cocoa, Barn Red, Bamboo
Stamps Sets: Treasures, Say It In Style!
Clear Irredescent Embossing Powder by Ranger


The Next Card was one of those fun to embellishbut took forever to create cards.  If you know me you know I love creating fine detail and 3-D objects like these butterflies.  I stamp the butterfly from the Dreams Petite Perks Stamp Set in Black & Versa Mark on Vellum, I them Heat embossed them using a Hallographic Embossing Powder.   Once they were Embossed I sponged Orange ink over them to give them color. I then cut out the butterflies including their antenea.  Once my background was finished I stamped 3 butterflies in chocolate on my background and then using liquid glass applied only to the bodies and the antenea I glued the butterflies ove the stamped butterflies.  Once the liquid glas was dry I gently folded the wings up giving the illusion that the butterflies were flying off the page.  For the background of the page i spnged Creme' Brulee all over a piece of Colonial White Cardstock, then I Stamped the flowers from Treasure Life in Sorbet and Creme Brulee.


Paper Used:  Twitterpatted, Chcolate, and Colonial White Cardstock, Vellum
Stamp Sets: Treasure Life, & Dreams Petite Perks
Inks:  Creme Brulee, Chcolate, Sorbet, Black, Versa Mark
Hallographic Embossing Prowder from Ranger


Close up of the butterflies



Another Close up of the butterflies
  I have more pictures to come, but since the boys just walked in and need the computer for their homework (aka Facebook) I will save the others for later.

No comments:

Post a Comment